Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wordle

The web-based application "Wordle" has been around for some time and has been utilized by educators in many different ways. Yesterday I put my Blog address into the Wordle creater to generate the following image:


It is interesting to see which particular words appear most throughout my Blog posts - the larger the word the more times it appears. I am especially pleased that the words 'communicate', 'sharing', 'collaborate', and 'technology' appear as large words. These words maybe aren't as large I would have hoped, but then I see that other members of their word families (collaborative, collaboration, communicating, communication, share) also appear. The dominant presence of these words is important as these are skills that we need to help our students develop if they are to be successful in the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment